The ROS SLAM Robot is a programmable autonomous robot built on the Robot Operating System (ROS). It is controlled using a USB gamepad and the ROS Visualization (RViz) application. Equipped with a Odroid XU4 running Ubuntu 18.04 and ROS Melodic, it allows for quick and easy changes to the firmware and provides the most flexible platform possible. The on-board ASUS 3-In-1 Wireless Router hosts a WLAN for wireless interfacing or can be configured as a bridge to an existing network.
The sensor array includes the YDLIDAR G4 and IG32 74 RPM gear motors with encoders. This data is paired with a 2D Simultaneous Localization And Mapping (SLAM) algorithm to produce position and orientation tracking as well as 2D mapping capabilities.
The open chassis and platform design allows for unsurpassed flexibility for your needs, research, and/or design project.
- Fully Flexible Robotics Platform – Specifically designed to provide the most flexible platform possible for research and development projects. The open chassis and platform allows for quick and easy component replacement/additions to suit your needs.
- Autonomous Development – Thanks to the versatility of Linux, the robot is perfect for developing and testing your own autonomous robotics algorithms. With a ROS Melodic environment already established, adding/editing software packages to this platform comes with the full support of the ROS community.
- University Design Projects – The functionality of the platform makes it perfectly suited for design and testing of your own control systems, algorithms, and sensor arrays.
This robot is configured as listed below in the bullets. We offer options at the bottom of the page if you want to change the configuration. We can customize the robot beyond the listed option to your needs if you require something custom, Contact Us with your specifications.
- Chassis: Aluminum MLT-JR Chassis
- MLT Pair of Molded Spliceless Tracks and Wheels Set
- (Qty 2) Motor: IG32 74 RPM Gear Motors with Encoder
- Motor Controller: RoboteQ SDC2160 - 2x20A 60V Motor Controller with Encoder Input
- LIDAR: YDLIDAR G4
- Single Board Computer: Odroid XU4
- Wireless Router: ASUS 3-In-1 Wireless Router
- OCU: Logitech USB GamePad Controller
- (Qty 2) Battery: LiPo Battery 11.1V 2200 mAh (LiPo batteries do not have low voltage protection circuits. Consult LiPo product page for important information).
- (Qty 2) Battery Charger: B3 Pro Compact 2S-3S Lipo Balance Battery Charger
- Voltage Regulator: Voltage Regulators
- USB hub: Anker 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub
- One Hour of Technical Support Included. Additional support options available in the options
- Professional Assembly: The entire robot will be assembled, configured, tested, and supported by our professionally trained staff here in NC.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Refunds (if applicable) Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
All orders are shipped within 24 hours of you placing the order using DHL eCommerce, USPS, UPS, or FedEx depending on your location and fastest available service. Typical delivery time frame is between 4 to 21 business days however, you may receive your items much earlier. All orders are shipped with tracking number so you can track it every step of the way! Packages may be faced with delays beyond our control such as customs or postal delays specially if International Shipping takes place.